Thread: Life The bee keeper diaries
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2022, 12:39 PM   #499
Supporter

I was pretty pissed off about the number of dead colonies I'm having, frustrated to say the least.

Sunday afternoon I got a call about a swarm in a tree at a cabin my buddy I used to do bees with had owned. This is a good video of shaking a swarm into a box

It looked good, and as I went to put a piece of duct tape on the entrance to take them home, they boiled out of there like it was on fire and pinged me a couple of times before I could get back. They landed about 30 yards away in a cedar tree. I took a different box thinking they might not like the smell or something, and cut down branches and shook them again, and took them home. When I got home, I set them in the bee yard and removed the tape and they came out and gave me 6-8 arthritis treatments on my hands....and the next day absconded(left). Those bees did not want a home.

So to review, the last 2 cutouts and swarm capture I have spent time doing to attempt to replace bees....left. Waste of my time other than the videos for you guys to enjoy or hate.
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote