Thread: Movies and TV Better Call Saul
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2022, 11:19 AM   #2532
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20002 View Post
dude, don't give me the "character arc" BS.
It's not believable human behavior. Period.
Could take 7 years, but took 86 instead. For no reason.

I swear, I think some of you get so invested in these shows that criticizing them would be like admitting some sort of flaw in yourself. Overall, I think it was a great show that overcame a largely boring start. But you can't just write off characters doing really dumb things that they or no human would never, ever, do as a "character arc."

If he actually sacrificed himself for SOMETHING or SOMEONE...maybe. But he didn't. It's not getting Kim off. She voluntarily confessed. It's like they so badly wanted to avoid any "predictable" ending like him escaping just so they could come up with something crazy that no one would ever guess. Well, there's a reason no one would ever guess this--it is completely ridiculous that any person would do this.
Good lord. So it's totally believable that a dude dressed like a clown was a total sleezeball in the courtroom for YEARS while representing all manner of criminals including cartel upper management, and a timid high school teacher that became a murderous meth kingpin and got absorbed by a Chicken restaurateur that built a goddamned huge commercial lab under a laundromat, and all of that went on for YEARS without anything drawing any undue attention?

And you're pissed off that it is "not believable human behavior" that a dude torpedoed his case because he found some moral footing?

Him Breaking Good is exactly the entire point of the whole ****ing series. And it's a nice symmetry to Walt's character arc.

BUT ZOMG GUYS NOBODY WOULD EVER DO THAT.

I'm not opposed to criticism. They deserve some for taking ****ing forever at the minimum, and frankly, I don't know if there is a better story in there, but I appreciate theirs. Even if it isn't terribly fulfilling, Even my unartistic ass can appreciate the art.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
The Exit sign in the foreground when Jimmy “killed” Saul in the courtroom was a nice touch.

Before, every time they showed an exit sign it was behind Saul. This time it was in front of him. Probably doesn’t mean anything.
It probably does. They're really good at that.

Just like in the scene

Spoiler!

I'd say the previous episode with the symmetry of Kim going back to Albuquerque was better. No Mike in the Parking booth, nobody eating lunch, other lawyers filling her role, was absolutely beautiful filmmaking. Just awesome.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.