View Single Post
Old 08-10-2022, 03:52 PM   #139
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch View Post
I know I make a lot of errors along those lines. I'm pretty sure the proper word is "heroes", not "heros" as I spelled it. But I'm always looking to improve my craft. Are you calling me out for not using apostrophes in the proper places (you said punctuation, not spelling)? I actually admit I get lazy about apostrophes but that's because I often type on my phone, and it's like 3 or 4 keystrokes to get an apostrophe properly placed.

I'm wondering why nobody has called me out on the most egregious error I made in this entire thread. I thought, at the time I made that OP, that the female lead in Alien and Bull Durham were the same actress. That's not true at all. They were Sigourney Weaver and Susan Sarandon, respectively. I'm more of a Sigourney fan but I admit I get those two confused all the time. That was such low hanging fruit!!!!

I also acknowledge that I often use commas when they are not needed. I admit I made that mistake in the last sentence of the quote of mine you quoted. One additional time before that as well. Beyond that, if you caught something I already hadn't, I actually do want to hear it.

ETA I looked up heroes vs. heros and I was right in that I was wrong originally:
There were a lot of excuses in that post for a person that goes out of their way to correct other people's mistakes.
dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.