View Single Post
Old 07-25-2022, 12:25 PM   #53
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx View Post
It isn't that I don't like that part... it is that it is irrelevant to what Rand did. There have been others though that when faced with death, examples from your own handbook, that have actually held firm to their beliefs... unlike Rand.

Why would I expect Rand to come back and stop it when she herself couldn't live up to her belief system such as those 3 brave Hebrews, Job, Abraham (going to kill his son), Jacob (being sold by his brothers into slavery then being thrown into prison for not ****ing), and even ****ing Rahab (Jericho) did in the face of their own mortality.
You come from interesting angles, Janx. The one book of the bible I think really was bastardized by humans was actually Job. Apparently the poetic parts date back really far, I mean real far. Further than the Illyiad. But the beginning, the part about God and Satan having a friendly wager, that part was added later. It is the one book of the Bible I think is sus.

You say you read it all Janx, and you have your references. But 1 chapter of the Fountainhead puts you on tilt. Why might that be? Afraid it'll resonate?
Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote