View Single Post
Old 04-28-2022, 12:08 PM   #529
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
I was trying to remember the part where Batman saved a boy from getting hit by a car and then I realized you were talking about the funeral where Bruce Wayne did it. Semantics, but another mark for "Batman" not accomplishing much.

I get that The Riddler using him was part of the overall plot and plan. It's been done before in a number of movies where our hero doesn't realize he's being used and the bad guy is one step ahead. It's just that normally, the hero bests the villain by the end of the movie (or you wait for a year for End Game to come out). In this case Batman didn't even catch the guy. He just gave himself up. But I guess if you're going to steal most of Kevin Spacey's character from Seven, might as well keep the part where he basically turns himself in to finish his plan from custody.

Overall, it wasn't bad. Just flawed. I too look forward to the sequel. Like you said, it was set early in Batman's crime fighting career, so we'll see what the next one brings.
+1 for referencing my favorite film of all time that is Se7en

And I definitely agree with ya that The Batman is flawed (could have done without the Riddler copy cats near the finale of the film.)

I did really like how this Batman was beating himself up thru out the movie (mentally ) realizing how the Riddler outsmarted him. While he didn't care about dying, he was incredibly vulnerable with what was going on around him.

Similar to transformation & character development of the lead ape Caesar(played brilliantly by Andy Serkis) in those Planet of the Apes sequels that were directed by Matt Reeves, I have no doubt Pattinson's Batman/Bruce Wayne will be further developed in a great way.
sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote