View Single Post
Old 04-20-2022, 08:47 AM   #12
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
They're gonna take a big swing at someone. Thats just how Veach rolls.
We say that, but CEH was anything but a 'big swing'.

And honestly, the OBJ thread was something akin to shortening your hack with two outs and being content with a hustle double instead of swinging for the fences. He moderated risk in a BIG way there and in the process left some upside on the table in the form of the necessary contract that Brown would eventually secure.

His Bolton and Creed were extremely safe picks. On the flipside, I think Speaks was, in his mind anyway, a safe pick. And in that instance it burned him.

I don't think we can say with any certainty that Veach is some wild gambler in the draft. The trade up for Mahomes was executed by Dorsey (yes, based on the strong recommendation of Veach, but still - Dorsey was the one who made the determination that the risk was worth the reward).

I think some of the "VEACH IS SUPER AGGRESSIVE!!!" stuff is a little overblown.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote