Thread: Movies and TV Star Trek Picard
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2022, 05:02 PM   #604
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
Time for me to go on a bit of a rant. S3 was bad, but they take it to another level in S4. It's the most groan inducing overly melodramatic trash I've ever seen put on screen. It bears literally no resemblance to the first two seasons. Nearly every episode devolves into at least 10 minutes of everyone slowly talking about their feelings (usually during a massive ship-destroying crisis where time is of the essence making it all the more ridiculous). The season is really just one massive therapy session.

The writers, for whatever reason, think this is how you develop characters and yet they also somehow manage to make you not care about any of their characters over the course of the season, except for perhaps the "villain", who seemed like the only sane one of the bunch for most of it in his approach to dealing with the potentially world-destroying problem they were facing. Not one character in the primary cast has been developed over the past two seasons. They are all exactly the same as they were when they went into the far future (and you barely cared about them up until that point either).

The show was also criticized from the beginning as being too "woke." This is not a problem in itself at all to me. The problem is the clumsy way in which bash you over the head with their wokeness over and over again, which has become all the more frequent over the past two seasons. It feels like they are actively attempting to score political/social points every episode and it takes you out of the episode each time they do it.

I'm not sure how any of it was greenlit or continues to be greenlit by CBS/Paramount. Absolutely abysmal stuff. If anyone ever feels tempted to watch any of it, do not. It will only anger you.
I have tried three separate times to get into ST: D's 4th season, and just.....absolutely can't. The SFX are amazing and I am curious about the Federation and that universe in that time, but it's just so SO bad. Excellent take, and couldn't have said it better myself.

Help us Captain Pike and Mr. Spock. You're our only hope. *static; message repeats*
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.