View Single Post
Old 03-07-2022, 01:13 PM   #12582
Supporter

So I’m sitting on a zoom presentation from KSU extension about the Russia/Ukraine shit.

One of the dudes just said Russia raised their bond rates from 8.5% to 20(!)% to stem the free fall of the ruble.

Does it make any sense to buy some Russian bonds and take them to term? I don’t know what instruments would even be available, but a 20% return on … anything in any term isn’t a bad return. Plus if they pay out rubles after a recovery of the ruble compared to US dollars (no idea if this is possible or not). Obviously the risk would be if Russia collapsed and they’re worthless, but that seems unlikely.

I know little about bonds. Am I missing something here?
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.