View Single Post
Old 02-22-2022, 09:28 AM   #1594
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
You cant deny a lot of it makes sense and you cant just pick and chose to believe the parts you want to believe.
You responded to me with something like this earlier in the thread and I didn't come back to you. I'll now take the time.

You're saying that I can't just 'pick and choose' the parts I want to believe. And I would counter that my entire point is that Clay/Marty can't just publish something under the banner of 'Chiefs Kingdom Editorial Board' - a moniker which makes it seem like an actual journalistic source that has actual journalistic standards - and have only some of the relevant details correct. They can't just pick and choose the details that are accurate.

I'm 10000% willing to believe that some elements of it were true and I fully believe they spoke to a relative of one of the players. But how much credibility does, say, Pringle's cousin have? And did they corrborate the information with another source? I kinda doubt it. I think they got some information from a relative that seemed juicy, it confirmed some priors they held with respect to EB, and they wrote this blog post which purported to be an actual article.

And I think it got so much airtime because 1/ the Chiefs Kingdom Editorial Board sounds semi-legitimate; 2/ it was fairly salacious/inside ball; and 3/ it allowed people to process and compartmentalize what happened in the second half of the AFCCG.

That's all. I think there's certainly smoke where there's fire so something is likely up, but I'm not remotely convinced the precise narrative expressed in this story is accurate.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 12 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote