Thread: Other Sports The Fishing Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2022, 02:58 AM   #3006
Starter

I fly fish alot here in Ireland. My area has has 2 lakes that the local fishing authority stock every year with a large amount of Rainbow and a smaller amount of Brown trout. The stockies are not generally good fighting fish when on the line but the last few years they have been excellent. Not sure the reason for that maybe new techniques at the hatchery has played a part but long may it continue. The best part of the year however is when the Salmon run (Sep & Oct) . There is a decent sized river a few Kms from our town. I tie my own flies so its always fun and deeply rewarding when i land a big one, no better feeling. The fight from a Salmon is one of a kind and its hard to get that buzz back when the run is over. Its been quite noticeable the past few years the later and later the Salmon have been running. Over 5 years ago we would be fishing them August & September and now its September into late October. Could be something to do with the climate or maybe its localised factors. Have yous noticed any changes in the USA?
IrishChief is not part of the Right 53.IrishChief is not part of the Right 53.IrishChief is not part of the Right 53.IrishChief is not part of the Right 53.IrishChief is not part of the Right 53.IrishChief is not part of the Right 53.IrishChief is not part of the Right 53.IrishChief is not part of the Right 53.IrishChief is not part of the Right 53.IrishChief is not part of the Right 53.IrishChief is not part of the Right 53.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote