Thread: Movies and TV Netflix: The Witcher
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2022, 05:22 PM   #204
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
I understand. I quit the first game in frustration but eventually went back to it. Quit the second game in frustration and never went back to it. And while I did have more than a few **** THIS moments with the third, I stuck with it.

Admittedly, the combat system is a bit clunky and convoluted. One of the key things you need to do is dodge/roll, early and often. Stand still in Witcher 3 and you're toast, especially against multiple enemies. I always build up my fast attack and igni skills first, followed by blade oils. Burn/strike/dodge. And if you see the red death emblem above an opponent, RUN. Go back and get them later when you're built up. Wraiths are especially troublesome early on. Can't be hurt unless you've cast yrden and they're within the spell radius. That's obnoxious.

Also, make sure you're using the correct sword when you fight.
It's funny, but when I played through I really built up my Igni tree. It wasn't till well past the halfway point or into the expansions that I realized that Quen is easily the best magic skill in the game for staying alive.
tredadda has disabled reputation