View Single Post
Old 12-07-2021, 06:36 PM   #2058
MVP

As we near the end of the year, I thought it might be fun to chat about the best games we played in the shitty year that was 2021. I have a short list of the best new or new to me games:

The Best Game for Everyone

Deep Rock Galactic

This is without a doubt my favorite coop looter shooter/horde shooter I've ever played. Better than Destiny, The Division, and even *gasp* Left 4 Dead 2. So what does this one do well? To start, the world they have created here is interesting, humorous, and efficient. When you aren't tossing back beers on your Dwarven space rig with pals, you'll be jettisoned into asteroid rocks full of dangerous bugs, attempting to mine minerals for the most ruthlessly capitalistic company ever know. This game has a near perfect flow to it: land, get your bearings, gather resources, endure waves of enemies, complete your objective, and get the hell back to the drop pod. The gunplay and balancing is near perfect, and every class is enjoyable and useful to bring to a mission. Just play this damn game!

A Game for many

Art of Rally

A top down rally racer with shockingly good physics, lovely voxel looking graphics, and the best sound track ever in a video game.

A Game for Masochists

Noita

A hard as nails and often unfair roguelike. This one has procedurally generated levels made of pixels each with its own physical properties. It's crazy good, hard, and at times very frustrating. If you are fan of Spelunky, Enter the Gungeon, and other games that simulate the feeling of taking a baseball bat to your testicles, you'll jive with this one.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.