View Single Post
Old 11-20-2021, 12:20 PM   #3
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

It's going to be an interesting offseason to follow, for sure.

I think it's most likely they end up with a DE in the 1st, given where they're likely to pick.

Myjai Sanders is probably the best pure speed rush type to be available there, but I'm intrigued by Georgia's Trevon Walker. He's a bigger DE (6-6/270) but does have some bend and has been the key outside guy on an elite D. He also has enough fluidity to drop in coverage on occasion. Walker is a 1st/2nd round grade right now, but I'm thinking KC would have to take him in the 1st to have a shot.

I think there will be RB options in FA and late in the draft that would make sense for KC. I really like Chris Rodriguez, Jr. out of Kentucky. I see a lot of Kareem Hunt in him... thick guy, not a deep burner but has good initial quickness and GREAT contact balance.

Bernard Raimann out of Central Michigan is a LT I'm interested in for KC. He's from Germany and still a little raw, but very athletic and has drawn good reviews for his footwork and technique. More of a 3rd round grade right now.

I ran a Draft Network mock this morning for fun ... but don't place much stock in it because I don't believe the Chiefs are drafting 22nd, but here's where i landed:

1. Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas. I like the fit if he's available to them. Don't expect that to happen.

2. Trevon Walker, DE, Georgia. Thoughts above, but he's versatile and fits what they do in this D well. Probably can play either end in this scheme; LE only in more traditional even schemes.

3. Bernard Raimann, OT, Central Michigan. I think he's a future top 10 NFL LT, if he gets good coaching for a year or so.

4. Bubba Bolden, S, Miami. This would be a dream. He's a great athlete and big hitter with box coverage ability. Would spruce up the dime set nicely, replacing Sorenson.

5. Chase Lucas, CB, Arizona State. This is just a size/athletic ability/trait pick. He's got some I like.

6. Chris Rodriguez, Jr. RB, Kentucky. Thoughts above.

7a. CB depth, I forget who it was now.

7b. OL depth, I forget who it was now.

Like I said, too early to predict with any certainty what will happen, but I would be stoked if the Chiefs could do something like this (maybe swap the DE and WR picks and make it Myjai Sanders and George Pickens or Romeo Doubs, instead). KC would need to add veteran help at S and DE in this scenario (Melvin Ingram and a FA safety, in all likelihood, I think) but fun to move the pieces around and imagine it.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.