View Single Post
Old 11-08-2021, 10:50 PM   #794
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
He went through a similar one in 2019 and I don’t think we ever got a dissertation as to why. He struggled in the red zone, throwing out of the pocket, and against man coverage at the tail end of 2019. He particularly struggled against the Chargers Cover 3 and then had similar struggles when the Niners recreated that cover 3 in the Super Bowl.

No one ended up caring about his slump in the back half of the year once the playoffs rolled around. He just needs some time, sometimes that’s all QB’s need to turn it around.
He was playing hurt on a bum ankle then. And even so, he wasn't off like his right now. I mean his passes are uncharacteristically inaccurate right now. Behind guys, in the ground, way out of reach on deep balls.

Right now he reminds me of a Pitcher that insists on throwing his sinker even though teams have caught on and quit swinging at it.

The 40 yard pass to Hardman was made out of pride and stubbornness, imo.

Until he accepts the fact that he doesn't have to always have highlight-reel passes every time he drops back I think he will struggle.

When he learns to be patient and carve defenses up with the short to intermediate routes, the deep routes will come back.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote