View Single Post
Old 09-24-2021, 05:35 PM   #52
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenson71 View Post
I like all your recommendations, sully, but The Assassination of Jesse James -- that was painfully slow. Terrence Malick said it was too slow! Now that's when you know you've hit some level of glacial speed in cinema not seen outside of art houses.

I don't believe the Coen's True Grit or The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance have been mentioned yet -- they make my list of favorite westerns.
Ha very true it is quite slow. For those expecting lots of shoot outs and action sequences yeah they'll be in for a world of disappoint. The acting in it is the main reason why I dig it so much (the entire cast did a superb job in that department). As was the brilliantly done train robbery. It was so well directed and haunting (especially this shot)

Also great call on the Coen bros' True Grit remake. Can't go wrong with the Dude.
sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.