Thread: Movies and TV Must Watch Series
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2021, 12:09 PM   #1283
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Has anyone watched 30 Monedas (coins) on HBO?

I put it on last night and was surprised how good it was. I had to take it off because the Nyquil was kicking in, but seemed pretty interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor View Post
Next on my que after I finish Fargo. Looks really good though.
It sucked.

Finished it last night....

The 1st episode caught me by surprise as it was a little more graphic, a little more "Resident Evil-esque" than i anticipated.

It's an 8-episode series and by episode 5-6 it just started getting annoying. I spent the last two episodes doing my best Mystery Science Theater impersonation. One of the main heroes is just a monumental **** up. And a bitch. The decision making by some of the other characters was just dumb.

They tried to leave the series off on a cliffhanger, teasing if "X" character will die or not, but i honestly couldn't care less if they lived or not.

Thick plot armor. Some gaps in the story that they just gloss over with no explanation.

For example, one episode ended with the whole town (that's been buried in a thick fog) realizing that they can't escape the city because of a magical barrier. The very next episode starts with the fog all of a sudden gone (the fog was the focus of the entire prior episode) and now everyone, instead of running in fear, is now under mind control of a demon. (WTF, how did we go from A to B like that with no explanation?)

Cool monsters though. But sadly these awesome monster designs were all for not as none of the monsters made any sort of impact on the story and they were utterly pointless and useless and were defeated in the absolute dumbest ways. They can't kill a 115lb woman or outrun an elderly man....might as well not have had any of them at all.

It also suffered from Superman syndrome, in which the antagonists are superman-like and all powerful, yet for no decently explained reason don't use any of this awesome power to make quick work of the protagonists to accomplish their goal.

I can go on forever bitching about this show.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.