Thread: Other Sports Rasslin is YES! YES! YES!
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2021, 06:56 AM   #3894
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudasRising20 View Post
Imagine a guy who looks like Adam Cole being believable to a kid watching wrestling. He'd be lucky to crack the midcard in the 90's. AEW has too many generic looking wrestlers. I understand the steroid era is over but larger than life characters and physiques is what gets people into wrestling. Not what I saw on TV yesterday.
I've been watching wrestling since the late 1970s (when the only wrestling I could watch was All Star Wresting on channel 41). Almost ALL of the wrestlers back then were very average looking, or just big (somewhat pudgy) guys....but they could work an OK match, and in the case of Bulldog Bob Brown (who wasn't the best in-ring worker) could work a crowd like few can these days. I guess it's a matter of what you're used to.

Bulldog Bob Brown held the NWA Central States Title 19 times:

Back then, All Star Wrestling was held almost every Thursday night at Memorial Hall in KC, KS and while it's not a large place, it was virtually filled every week. They'd have road shows to other cites in the four state area when they weren't in KC. Lots of big names came through the area back in the day, and it was Harley Race's home when we didn't have the NWA World Title.
otherstar wants to die in a aids tree fire.otherstar wants to die in a aids tree fire.otherstar wants to die in a aids tree fire.otherstar wants to die in a aids tree fire.otherstar wants to die in a aids tree fire.otherstar wants to die in a aids tree fire.otherstar wants to die in a aids tree fire.otherstar wants to die in a aids tree fire.otherstar wants to die in a aids tree fire.otherstar wants to die in a aids tree fire.otherstar wants to die in a aids tree fire.