View Single Post
Old 09-06-2021, 02:27 PM   #4577
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlurking View Post
First 2 episodes are up. Very focused on the crew, backgrounds, selection, etc. Pretty emotional. Very focused on the mission, with much less focus on SpaceX than I expected. I actually enjoyed it and am looking forward to the rest of the episodes.
Very soft focus and inspiration-based. These are clearly normal people on a special journey, and that's the point.

Tough to keep at bay a sense of foreboding, personalizing people doing something extraordinary without skills and training to deal with potential adversity. One side says it's foolhardy, and one side says it's a leviathan testament to the faith in the procedures and engineering to do this and publicize it before it's done.

And I gotta say, the use of 'Uninvited' at the end of ep 2 was friggin' inspired. Chills and tears aplenty.

Last edited by Baby Lee; 09-06-2021 at 03:08 PM..
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.