View Single Post
Old 08-18-2021, 06:57 PM   #5190
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
It's an old car thing, mostly.

Cars that use rubber hoses in their brake systems, especially those in bad weather. Moisture can actually seep into the rubber components of brake systems, even though DOT 3-5 can't seep out. When that moisture seeps in, it creates steam in the brake system as the moisture just builds up. That can cause gumming of the brake fluid in cars that aren't used regularly.
Yeah. And if you think about it, old cars aren’t really that old in the lifecycle of internal combustion.

Ford started making the model T in 1908 and didn’t stop until 1927. Shit wasn’t changing too fast early on. Cars didn’t really get competitive until after WWII. Shit didn’t happen during the depression and rations were on during the war. Cars got competitive ( which bred innovation) post ‘45. Then you look at a 69 mustang or Camaro that’s really only 25 years after things really started moving. And after the 70s, when they all got killed for reliability, they really started to push engineering standards.

So the “golden age” muscle cars that gear heads love (because they ****ing rule, let’s be real here) is like owning a Motorola startac. Yes, it was infinitely better than bag phones or the Zach Morris phones but today’s cars are like iPhones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Spot on because I’m noticing this. Cash off ($750) for a new car, plus my 800 credit score could possibly land me 0% interest on a new ride. The used is priced almost similar but no incentives. Weird times!
Shits weird man
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote