View Single Post
Old 07-19-2021, 06:25 AM   #192
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
T-Rele is one of my favorite players of all time, but his defensive specialty was chasing one player through 15 screens, and being in that players front pocket when he eventually did try to catch and shoot. He was also very, very good at anticipating passing lanes when off the ball. Releford is without a doubt one of the best defensive players Self has ever had.

But, he could not dominate a game on defense the way Garrett did. Even when Garrett didn't put up a lot of steals, he made it very difficult, and for some players impossible, for teams to run their offense through whoever he was guarding. Garrett was also a lock down perimeter defender.

A lot of us wished that Self hadn't played Garrett at PG because it hampered his defense, and to some extent put too much pressure on him to score. But, while Garrett was never a reliable outside threat, he was absolutely great at getting to the basket when we absolutely needed a score.

Some can argue with what I said, or criticize Self for using Garrett at PG, but the year Garrett played PG, we ended the season as the clear cut, far and away, best team in college basketball. So, it's hard to disparage Garrett's play at PG, or Self's decision to play him at PG.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
What are you talking about? Devon Dotson was the PG in 19-20. Garrett basically played the 3.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote