Thread: Movies and TV Loki Trailer
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2021, 07:18 PM   #263
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
I don’t know if I would describe it as a complete reset. The impact of his character’s journey in those episodes (and particularly his relationships with Sylvie and Mobius) have changed Loki as a character irreversibly and will no doubt be felt in the following season. Sylvie and prime Mobius are presumably out there somewhere as well.
Well, we'll see. This is Loki we're talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
If you’re looking at it from the greater MCU sense, a lot of it was exposition for sure (and maybe a bit too much in the finale). But from the standpoint of the primary characters of the series (Loki/Sylvie), I would mostly describe it as a love story told over 6 episodes that ended in crushing heartbreak.

And I guess I just don’t mind cliffhangers as much as most.
I guess it's more an expectations thing for me.

WandaVision set the bar so freakin' high, as evidenced by its 23 Emmy Nominations and the hiring of the director for the next Star Trek film, that I probably expected too much from Loki, given the cast and character. I think that had I known that Disney+ planned multiple seasons, my expectations would have been tempered, especially for the finale. That said, I'm fairly certain that this will pass in the coming weeks and months and I'll be fully prepared to watch Season 2 when it's available for streaming.

I think my biggest beef is the cliffhanger. We had close to five hours to set up the series, yet we'll need to wait 18 months to two years to see how it resolves and concludes.

Now I know how the diehard viewers of Better Call Saul feel.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote