View Single Post
Old 07-09-2021, 01:39 PM   #2386
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
That may be so but people still gave a shit about the Chiefs. Even when they sucked and through the Herm years people actually knew alot of the players and paid attention. Not so for the Royals. This city completely was disinterested with the Royals for almost two decades.
Yeah, the Royals didn't even sniff the playoffs most years, or even .500. The Chiefs almost always gave you reasons for hope and pretty quickly turned things back towards mediocrity whenever shit went completely south.

I stopped caring so damn much when they hired Herm, and even then it was tough to miss games.... had a lot of FOMO, I guess, but slowly pulled myself away from having to watch every week.

I still went to a handful of Royals games every year, but those playoff runs were like a long lost love... I had a 20 game pack in 2014 and got in on the ALDS and ALCS games, and I was just in awe at my first playoff game.

I think a lot of people who watch terrible teams rationalize it as "it'll be that much sweeter when they're good!" (however that works), and I think it's actually the opposite. It's harder to quit a team all together, because at that point there's literally zero hope left.... and it is that much sweeter when they pull you back.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.