View Single Post
Old 06-25-2021, 08:40 AM   #10284
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
If it's got a $6k cap on there, I bet they automatically rolled it into a traditional IRA. It's roughly the same in terms of tax implications, but it has lower caps and obviously doesn't have an employer contributing to it.

A little confusing if they called it a "Rollover 401k" since that's not really a thing, but that almost has to be what's going on. Again, I'd contact them about it.
Hah. I am a total dipshit.

It is labeled as a rollover IRA. My mistake! Sorry, I wasn't 100% informed on the difference between 401ks and IRAs so I guess I kinda looked at them as interchangeable terms.

I appreciate the help.

EDIT for your edit: Whenever they rolled it over after I left my previous employer, I just let it sit for quite some time, but not too long ago I linked my bank account to it so that I could transfer funds. That's how I contributed the $6k for the two previous years, just moved the money straight from my bank account into the rollover retirement account.. if that makes sense.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.