View Single Post
Old 06-20-2021, 11:22 PM   #1773
CP'S "MOST HATED" 😆

When Ben first came on the scene he was a bigger hero to me than even Joel. I remember in his rookie season him leading us on a thirteen game win streak when Embiid was injured...just great times. Back then he would take three or four jumpers per game and would make many...but he was always an odd case because he would handle the ball right handed most of the time with dribbling, dunks, passes, layups, hooks etc but when it came to shooting a jumper he only shot with his left hand. He was questoned about it because he is clearly right handed and the stats backed it up but he just arrogently laughed off peoples concerns.

That year he got exposed in the playoffs by the celtics who doubled Joel and forced Ben to shoot but he couldn't and we got beat. He promised he would work on his shot and we saw videos of him in the gym draining threes and midrange shots for fun...he'd also drain them in pre-game warmups but when the games started he never shot the ball. And on the odd occasion he did try a three he'd make it and then never shoot one again for 15 games. So he went from shooting midrange jumpers in his rookie year to not shooting any jumpers at all. The playoffs came in year two and he couldn't be trusted with the ball in his hand late and Jimmy Butler took the ball handling duties which made him have to just stand in the dunker spot. We got beat by a buzzer beater from Kawhi.

Again he promised to work on his shot and even worked with Jimmy Butler's shooting coach which garnered yet more videos of him shooting from all over the gym...but once again he failed to shoot regularly once the season started and oh yes, he made the odd three then totally stopped trying them AGAIN...this time he got injured before the playoffs and disappeared.

This year his production got worse... his ppg, which was at one point 17, shrank and despite the odd 20 point game he was barely getting 10 points most of the time despite doing ok with rebounds and assists. His free throws have also been a total disaster all year too.

He was on the verge of being traded for Harden so I fully expect Morey to cut bait now and let him go. If Ben would quit being a clown and actually shoot with his right hand then maybe he could finally come good but I think his time is up in Philly. I only hope Morey gets us a star in return who can play with Joel.

And in closing Doc Rivers is the biggest choker ever as a coach in the nba...smh he should go too tbh.

Last edited by UChieffyBugger; 06-21-2021 at 01:29 PM..
UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.