View Single Post
Old 06-20-2021, 03:23 PM   #1721
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
Yea, the narrative is all about the outcome. If his feet had been a few inches further back for that buzzer beater at the end of regulation...

Would have rather seen the Nets advanced. I understand people's grip about super teams but KD is the most enjoyable player to watch. More fun than the Greek, IMO.

At least PG13 finally decided to show up. Hopefully CP makes it back in a timely manner and Embiid doesn't get any more banged up than he already is.
By the way, my Durant comment isn't meant to be taken seriously. I wrote it for two reasons. One-- he can go rape himself. I don't like him.

Two-- I hate this notion of "clutch" in sports. Every time I hear the word I cringe a bit, even when it involves players I like in any sport. It implies these "clutch" guys are built of something differently than others, whether through a buildup of nerve or just because they're born with a "clutch" trait/mindset that other players just don't have.

No professional athlete practices being "clutch." There aren't clutch exercises or things in practice. If it seems like you're clutch, it's either you're just that damned good, you're lucky, or a combination of the two. And there certainly isn't any stupid ****ing "clutch gene" out there. Skip Bayless and his horseshit belief in magic needs to die in a fire.

I'm not saying BigCatDaddy believes in that stuff either, because "clutch" is just such a common word that can mean more broadly, "Nice, he makes plays under pressure," but that's just quibbling at that point.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote