View Single Post
Old 06-15-2021, 09:29 PM   #515
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
That's an interesting point. On the one hand, I would say that it's better for the game to NOT have teams too dependent on one player since that tends to reduce parity. On the other hand, there's no question that the NFL has benefitted tremendously from marketing its superstars.

Calling the game more strictly would almost certainly benefit players with superstars and would result in more "haves vs. have nots." But I bet it would capture the public's attention more effectively.

It is a bit odd that none of the players who are finalists for the Hart trophy nor any of the three coaches who are finalists for the Adams award are still alive in the playoffs. (Hell, by my count, only 4 out of the 24 finalists for any of the awards are still playing, which is barely above the percentage of teams who are still playing.)

The NFL has a Super Bowl featuring Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, Jones, and Mathieu vs. Brady, Gronk, Evans, and Suh. The NHL is headed for...Fluery and Stone vs. Hedman and Vasilevskiy...I guess?
I will say that Tampa Bay being way over the cap by having Kucherov on the LTIR all season and then being magically okay for the playoffs is a great way to circumvent the cap but needs to be addressed. I think they are roughly 18 million over the cap by their playoff roster. Not really surprising that they are in the final 4.
Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.