View Single Post
Old 05-14-2021, 08:47 PM   #9519
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Gibbons View Post
Just a few months after dumping this stock that was sideways for about a decade for me, it has shot up by 30 some percent costing me tens of thousands in unrealized gains due to my early exit. I hate to second guess myself with 20/20
hindsight, but this one really hurts. I sold at $31.50. It’s been as high as $43 in the past couple of weeks. I feel admitting this loss publicly is part of my penance for the stupid way I handled this investment for over a decade. I am considering sewing a scarlet 5/3 onto my shirt. The shame. The shame. The shame.
Things like that happen to everyone. Can't look back and hopefully wherever you moved the money gets you some gains.

Don't look back, there's always more stocks in the sea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac459 View Post
Don’t know if you ever found out anymore about this, but I crossed this on Charles Schwab

Yes, you can contribute to an IRA for unemployed non-working spouse that you file jointly with, but your total combined contribution can't exceed either your joint taxable income or double the annual IRA limit, whichever is less
Thanks man! Appreciate knowing that.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote