View Single Post
Old 04-15-2021, 12:41 PM   #9109
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
So many people are getting into mining. They've been able to charge a fortune for their chips.
I thought it would be fun to try it. I looked around and found Nicehash, a website that pays you to basically use your computer to constantly run and you get paid for mining. I set it up on my daughters laptop and let it run, forgot about it after a few hours until she came and told me that her computer was hot. I touched it and it felt like you could fry an egg on it. That was the end of my mining experiment.

They have a cool comparison chart of what you would be looking at as far as dollars per hour after electricity costs for different processors and mining equipment. The Bitmain Antminer will get you about 20 bucks per day. Sadly, my chromebook doesn't even make the list.
rydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli