Thread: Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 11:29 AM   #4355
Elway be drinkin' again

Air Rifle

Got an air rifle last week for back yard plinking and varmint control.

https://www.airforceairguns.com/The-...guns-s/104.htm

25 cal. Bought a 4500 PSI compressor to charge it. Takes about 5 min to get it up to 3000 psi.
It fires really quiet but the impact on target is a different story. At 3000 psi down to 1400 the pellet will fully penetrate a 2x4 with the gun set at 7 and higher at 30 yards. Very consistent grouping. Filling to 3000 psi will get me 30 shots before I refill the air tank.

Fun toy and much cheaper than taking the rifles to the range.

Building a "pellet trap" target box this weekend with ballistic gel on the interior to keep the neighbors from hearing impact.
Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.