View Single Post
Old 03-07-2021, 09:58 PM   #207
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
The city voted to build a $1 billion dollar stadium on the same grounds as The Murph but the Spanos family refused because they wanted the stadium downtown.

There was a measure that went out a few years back about taxing hotels and rental cars but it was voted down because San Diego is a HUGE tourist destination and the city didn't want the taxes to interfere with their revenues.

The Spanos family, like Mark Davis, has no wealth outside of their NFL franchise so it would either take a partner, which the Spanos family refused or a city to build their stadium. AEG offered to build a stadium next to Staples Center and even had $20 million dollar per year naming rights set with Farmer's Insurance but Anschutz wanted a 51% share, to which the family said "No". He then offered a 49% share but the family said "No".

The Spanos family is their own worst enemy.
Oh FFS. Now that you say that, I remember hearing the part of wanting the stadium to be downtown, and I think the city did all they could to negotiate to no avail. Fk'n idiots.

I'm going to go ahead and assume the Spanos family gets their taxes done at H&R Block.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.