Thread: Movies and TV Syfy: The Expanse
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2021, 10:02 PM   #314
oxymoron

I finally decided to binge today, and did all 10 eps in one sitting. Much like season 4, I was surprised how good of a show they made out of the two weakest books. I didn't think splitting the crew would work, but it definitely did. As far as Cas Anvar goes, he got a much better death than I expected, and I thought it needed to be abrupt, because anyone following the press would know he'd gotten himself in real world trouble. They gave him a hero's death, really, and still provided closure to Alex as a character. So well done, I thought.

The bigger surprise to me, after the announcement of the show ending after 6 seasons, was introducing Duarte and Laconia. I don't know how they can possibly do that story arc - which is literally the second half of the book series - in 10 episodes. Not to mention the 30 year time jump in the novels. But why introduce Duarte and Laconia, and the introduction of the protomolecule into the orbital stations that eventually construct his crazy advanced ships in the books if you aren't going to follow through on everything that happens?

One season can't possibly be enough...

Anyway, I thought it was a really good season. Not many shows can keep me engaged for 10 hours. I do think binging helped, because I would have been disappointed with the ending of a couple of the individual episodes had I been forced to wait another week for more.

Last edited by keg in kc; 02-20-2021 at 10:07 PM..
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote