View Single Post
Old 01-28-2021, 12:10 PM   #6914
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
The value in GME is not in the financial performance of the company, but in the volume of shorts.
Good point, and I think that's part of my worry in the long term. The stock market was originally about giving a company some money to fuel growth, and in exchange getting a return for it. That's simple and logical.

These days there are so many games played around betting and leveraging and options and stops and stuff that I've probably never heard of. I wonder how much money is actually invested in stocks versus the money that's invested in placing bets on the financial manipulations surrounding stocks. I understand theoretically why that stuff exists, but it's all poker. It's money that's not invested in anything but trying to guess the behavior of other people.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.