Thread: Chiefs Frank Clark ****ing sucks
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 01:11 AM   #4192
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
On at least one of those odd loop rushes, it looked like the idea was to give DD a free rush, but Hunt saw him, twisted inside to the inside of the RT, and picked it up. On a couple (maybe 3?), I don't think it was a real rush; I think he was defending against a possible roll out. A couple others, I think it's obvious that 55 is avoiding a chip if he went inside. The others, I can't decide what he was trying to do.

But they had him that wide for a reason. Spags/Daly had a week to study CLE, so yeah, they knew that the ball was going to come out fast. Clark would obviously know he couldn't get home lined up as wide as he was on some of those snaps.

It occurs to me right now that it might have been to prevent him from getting caught inside on those fake sweeps? That's what happened to PIT's DEs a few times, iirc.

Which worked. Clark successfully defended or helped defend most of those fake sweep/HB flat pass plays, and the screens to his side. And CLE attempted about 8 or 9 of them. Around 30% of the pass plays Clark was on the field, they tried to scheme him out of the play.
They didn't try to scheme him out of shit. They treated him just like any other weak side defensive end. I think you misinterpret them running plays the side Clark isn't on as them trying to scheme him out of a play when in reality they're just running plays to their strong side. Has nothing to do with Clark specifically.
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.