View Single Post
Old 01-04-2021, 03:59 PM   #279
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcarus View Post
What's the best place to buy cards these days? When I was a kid, we'd buy them all from a local place in Olathe called Sports Cards & More on Harrison by the Go Chicken Go. Places like that don't really exist where I live now (or many other places these days?).
The only place in my entire town is Wally World, but the problem is they're almost always cleaned out, as in not a single box or pack for sale... the rumor is that the card distributor is cutting deals with card flippers (people just in it to make money) and telling them the day and time they're delivering product so those assholes can be right there and clean them up before anyone else gets a shot at them

Back in the 90's sports card stores were everywhere, but they're like finding a unicorn these days as far as I can tell

Seems like the best bet these days is to buy unopened boxes online, but even that scares me a little bit... theres so much money in it right now that I wouldn't put ANYTHING past people

As in going through the packs for the top cards, then resealing the box and individual packs

I love the hobby and will always buy cards, but not like in the 90's... too many of my best cards (cards supposedly worth $100 or better) from that era eventually tanked HARD and arent worth anything more than $5-20 these days
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.