View Single Post
Old 01-02-2021, 02:10 PM   #15886
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
How exactly did you cook it?

Actually, never mind.

Try sous vide, or simply using an oven bag to start.

Preheat your oven/grill/whatever after the ham takes its 'bath' (I usually use the oven, set at 450, or you can set for broil and just lower the height of the ham to about 3-4 inches below the heating element), and drop bagged ham into an ice bath for 20 minutes. Then remove from bag, put on baking pan (use a grid if you like) and season/prep ham as you described above. Pop in oven for about 15-20 minutes max. Brush with glaze about every 5-7 minutes.

Comes out super juicy, and glaze should be nice and crusty.
I don't have a sous vide, but I'll try to reproduce something like that.

I did what I described in a foil pan. I put the ham ontop of chunked pineapple to keep the bottom from scorching. And foil over the top with a good seal that wouldn't let any of the moisture out.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.