View Single Post
Old 01-02-2021, 11:05 AM   #6568
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstater View Post
My wife has bugged me for years to look in to getting a rental, I just don’t see it. I look at it more of a volume thing to make money. The only upside is having the assets IMO.
I’ve looked around at some at there is money to be made. IF you’re around to do the work. It doesn’t take anything to replace an outlet but you’re going to get wrecked if you have to hire it done.

You either need to do it or have the volume to hire a guy.

AND

People suck. So you need to factor in your tolerance for ****ery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Can someone explain, in an average CPer level lingo, year end tax strategy on investments?

I keep reading about markets being down at year end due to profit taking or other strategic sell offs and would like to better understand.
I don’t pay too much attention to tax strategy on investments because I intend to hold them.

If you’re selling enough stock mid-year, and you’re OK with it in terms of your portfolio balance, you can sell your losers and create capital loss to offset your capital gain. I can’t imagine there is enough volume of that to move anything. In grains, short term traders usually get out ahead of holidays and this is a long one so I’d be more inclined to believe that.

Also, some mutual funds have set rules on what they can hold in terms of % of value. So if a fund had Tesla stock but only 25% of their value can be Tech stocks then they have to dump some Tesla.

I think that’s what’s going on. Don’t take that as gospel but that’s how I understand it.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote