View Single Post
Old 12-28-2020, 10:24 AM   #799
Stroking to the SB Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
I don't really know why Chiefs fans won't give Rodgers his due. He's having one of the best years for a QB...ever. Not that Mahomes is bad, he isn't, but Rodgers doesn't even have the weapons the Chiefs do. The Chiefs have the fastest WR in the history of football. They have the best tight end in the history of football. They have the best offensive scheme mind in the history of football.

Everyone acts like Rodgers couldn't play behind our line. It isn't like we have the worst line in football. Guys like Mahomes who hold onto the ball and then run around to make plays don't do offensive lines any favors. I wouldn't have it any other way but it's the truth. Rodgers can still scramble a little bit, and manipulate the pocket to create angles. He wouldn't just be a sitting duck like Brady if he was behind our line.

To play devils advocate, part of me thinks Mahomes wouldn't be quite as good without Andy Reid. This Andy Reid system is amazing. Just look at the history of Reid's QBs. They aren't great but he routinely makes them look better. He damn near dragged Donovan McNabb to the HOF.
It's probably because people keep saying inaccurate things like this. Green Bay has better RB's (run game), arguably the best WR in football, a well above average TE, as well as one of the best (if not THE best ) OL's in the League. And yes, (due to injuries and Covid) we actually have one of the worst pass protection OL's in the NFL....on a team that relies heavily on passing the ball.

Also, I'm struggling to understand why you think having a shitty OL doesn't make a difference in PMII's effectiveness. Newsflash: When you constantly allow the D to get to the QB and hit him, it has a direct effect on QB play. That sammich hit he took in New Orleans last weekend looked bad. He's taken a shit ton of big hits this year because his pass protection has been awful.

FYI - I think Rodgers has actually earned the MVP this year with the consistency of his play, but PMII is a VERY close 2nd, IMO. What Pat has been able to accomplish behind this OL has been amazing.
ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote