Thread: Movies and TV *The NEW Movies Thread*
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2020, 08:58 PM   #3507
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Someone should [heck someone probably has], in today's woke tokenistic entertainment landscape, write an article on how much more effective Eddie's take on the matter was. There for a good while until he started making kid-friendly movies, he was just point of fact making movies with black characters that lived in American culture without being bound by stigmas associated with black culture. Coming to America, Boomerang, Harlem Nights. They were black and they were American, but they weren't held back by anything. They were smart and wealthy and successful and they were protagonists. And they even poke fun at foibles and PC subjects without being mean or hurtful.
I don't know when the change came, but at some point black people in entertainment started trying to be as IN YOUR FACE with their blackness as they possible could, for god knows what reason.

I grew up with Eddie Murphy, Bill Cosby, Chris Rock, Avery Brooks, Billy Dee Williams, Levar Burton and Carl Weathers in leading or high-profile supporting roles and nothing seemed off.

At some point there was a shift and black people started using their platforms to beat white people over the head with bludgeons of shame.

And I actually liked GET OUT, but enough is enough.

I'm looking forward to the pundits declaring C2A something that has "set back black culture in America by 50 years."

Uncle Eddie!
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.