Thread: Movies and TV Star Wars: The Mandalorian
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2020, 02:59 PM   #1445
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
So, fellow Star Wars EU "Legends" nerds...

What "legends" EU characters do we hope get introduced?

Let's list some notable ones:

Mara Jade - As a Zahn creation, she starts from a strong place. Her later story arcs and partnership with Luke obviously would need to be changed, but the core character is interesting and, if cast well, could be really dynamic and fun (you just have to take her end story in a different direction).

Gilad Pellaeon - Sticking with the Thrawn theme, he was someone that really made the Empire more interesting and deep for me in the EU. Also noticeably BA in his own right after years of work and training with Thrawn.

Quinlan Vos - One of the cooler End-of-the-Republic Jedi, he's technically in-canon already. He's complex and nuanced and would fit well in something set between the rise of the Empire and the original trilogy, and his psychometry ability could offer the opportunity for some really interesting narratives.

Corran Horn - You could have a lot of fun with a Force-using fighter pilot and fit him into a LOT of stories.
I really liked I, Jedi and the character of Corran Horn. I haven't read the novel since around 2000 or so but I always that he had a cool backstory, being from Corellia and all, and he seemed like the kind of character in which a movie or series could be created around.

One of my favorite characters in the EU was Jorg Car'Das, who appeared in the original Thrawn Trilogy and the Thrawn duology. He was a seasoned veteran of the Star Wars galaxy that had been everything from a smuggler to a legit businessman. He had dealings with everyone from the Jedi to criminal organizations to a group of strange Force beings that helped save his life. Lando visited him for guidance and information a few times and I always thought it would be cool to see a series based on his adventures, or at least to see him on film.

I would think that if they're going the Thrawn route, they'd have to include Pellaeon, as he was Thrawn's right hand man. It would be awesome to see Mara Jade as well and I suppose that technically, she could be a part of the Star Wars galaxy without contradicting the shitty Sequel Trilogy but it would be difficult to explain the absence of their Jedi son, Ben Skywalker. But since they've retconned Thrawn's origin story, they could do the same with Mara Jade.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.