Thread: Football ESPN Playoff Machine
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2020, 12:58 PM   #176
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azide22 View Post
I assume you mean h2h after one team wins or is eliminated?

h2h sweep is first tiebreaker even in 3 or more way tie. Then conference games. Once one team is eliminated or finishes ahead, then it starts over at h2h again. Obviously, there is no h2h sweep among these 3 though.

If KC's lone win in this scenario is vs. Chargers, Chiefs win the 3 way tiebreaker on conference record. Otherwise, it's the hairy Strength of Victory one...
Yeah, I'm an idiot. That was a really lazy response.

So, the first tiebreaker when there are 3 or more conference teams tied is to apply the division tiebreaker first. Since all 3 will be their division winner, the first tiebreaker would result in a tie.

The 2nd tiebreaker is head-to-head sweep. Buffalo is the only one to play both of the others but they lost to us, so on to tiebreaker 3.

3rd tiebreaker is the SAME as the first tiebreaker in a 2-team scenario - conference winning percentage. Buffalo has lost to both Tennessee and KC. Unless KC loses to the Chargers, they win this tiebreaker with BOTH Buffalo and the Steelers because the Steelers only have AFC games left so to finish 13-3, they would have to lose at least one AFC game.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.