View Single Post
Old 12-13-2020, 08:07 AM   #47
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I dug into that "1/3" stat a bit after Duncan mentioned it.

In 2018 and 2019, Reid used it 28% of the time overall.

In 2020 he's used it 20% of the time overall. He's used it 23% of 1st downs, 21% of 2nd downs, 10% of 3rd downs, and 0% on 4th down - where he tends to go to a 2 RB set instead.

While down does seem to matter, distance to go and quarter of the game don't move much. He is nearly perfectly consistent on distance to the first, and by quarter is 20%, 20%, 24%, and 16% respectively.

So, all that said, he's using a 2 TE set closer to 1/4 to 1/5 of the time and not 1/3 and primarily on 1st and 2nd down, which seem to go against what you'd expect. Either way, I'm not putting a 1st round pick into a player that plays 1/4 of the time. No way. I can't see Veach doing it either.

We’re you looking at 12, 13, and 22 groupings?

I assume you used Sharps, as that’s about the only place that has data on this that’s free.

I don’t know if I mentioned it in the post where I quoted the rate, but I should have.

Those multiple TE sets have consistently accounted for right around 1/3 of the snaps.

That’s where my math came from. Sorry if I didn’t completely show my work. I think I was posting while singing to my kid at bedtime. Ha.

Multitask Dad.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.