Thread: Computers WTF, Amazon?!?!
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2020, 11:49 PM   #21
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
I know many people tend to think this, but that's just not how it works. There have been lots of tests done, with Wireshark/packet sniffing/etc to see how and when Alexa is listening and transmitting data. It clearly does not record or transmit data other than listening for the activation word.

You can actually test this for yourself. Download Wireshark: https://www.wireshark.org/

Monitor your own network traffic. If it's communicating with Amazon when it shouldn't be, that will be pretty easy to spot.

I know this doesn't really explain why it would be in your Browsing history. But 99% of the time, this is a result of Amazon's incessant desire to profile your history/likes/etc for monetary reasons.
Yeah, I know how it works. I said that before. I just can't figure out how this happened. I've literally never looked at NFL related stuff on Amazon before, not apparel or gear or games on Prime or anything.

I'm just shooting the shit, it's late.

Honestly, "somebody" probably fat fingered their remote again and clicked on it by accident. LOL
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.