Thread: Football ESPN Playoff Machine
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2020, 07:09 AM   #96
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Just spent a little time working through scenarios and I can’t stress enough how volatile the KC/PIT tiebreakers can become when you assume both teams go 14-2, but the Chiefs loss comes to an NFC team and the Steelers beat Buffalo.

At that point, we have to root like hell that teams only we have beat, not Pittsburgh, win their matchups. For example, teams like the Patriots, Dolphins (if we win that one), the NFC South, etc. That strength of victory can be flipped so easily. For example, I went through it all, had KC beating everyone but the Saints, had Pittsburgh losing to only Cleveland to see what that would do. It had Pittsburgh ahead, but I went and flipped one game (WAS@CAR) to where Carolina won, and it gave the Chiefs the 1 seed because it improved their SOV.

In other words, this Sunday night’s game at Buffalo could very well decide HFA.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.