View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 10:33 AM   #2075
Just here for the Royals

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan View Post
Starling and Bush are not equivalent. The only hype I recalled was that he was local and had a ton of raw potential...but I can't recall anyone saying/believing that he was a sure thing, superstar in the waiting.
I guess I'm having historical revisionism then. I remember Starling being pushed as a savior level pick for us. More so than Hosmer and Moose but not on the level of Gordo. Not just the local aspect of it, but the gigantic signing bonus as well as passing up the Nebraska QB gig to sign.

Looking back at his Wiki, you may be right as he was merely a 5th overall selection. It just seems like that selection was touted on the level of Witt Jr. at the time.
Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.