Thread: Movies and TV Star Wars: The Mandalorian
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 06:06 PM   #1030
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
Couple of things I meant to post yesterday:

Morgan Elsbeth has been confirmed via multiple sources to be one of the last Nightsisters of Dathomir. The massacre Ahsoka mentioned was in fact Grievous slaughtering them, as shown during a clone wars arc.
To my knowledge, that has not been confirmed. Plus, if she was a Nightsister, why didn't she use Force Magic while battling Ahsoka? Also, I'm not sure that I trust hair stylists as canon.

From Wookiepedia:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Morgan_Elsbeth

Inosanto's hair and makeup were done by Maria Sandoval and Alexei Dmitriew, respectively. According to Sandoval, Elsbeth was one of the last survivors of Dathomir,[4] a planet who's people were devastated in the Clone Wars,[5] just as Elsbeth's were. However, no connection was made in The Mandalorian between the two groups[1] and there has been no official confirmation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
I haven't found the snippet yet, but evidently Dave Filoni recently stated that the events of chapter 13 happen *before* the events of the Rebels epilogue. So Ahsoka and Sabine have *not* gone off in search of Ezra yet.
He didn't exactly say that it was before Rebels. I think it was just a way to throw fans off the trail:

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...oka-tano-grogu

That quest, we learn, is a search for the villain Grand Admiral Thrawn. The last time fans saw Ahsoka was this spring's finale of The Clone Wars, but in the actual Star Wars chronology, the last time we saw her was at the end of Rebels, venturing off with Sabine Wren to find Ezra Bridger, who vanished along with Thrawn. Where does that scene fit in with where we find her in The Mandalorian?

Filoni:
Right. But no, it's an interesting one… That's not necessarily chronological. I think the thing that people will most not understand is they want to go in a linear fashion, but as I learned as a kid, nothing in Star Wars really works in a linear fashion. You do [Episodes] Four, Five and Six and then One, Two, and Three. So in the vein of that history, when you look at the epilogue of Rebels you don't really know how much time has passed.

So, it's possible that the story I'm telling in The Mandalorian actually takes place prior to that. Possible. I'm saying it's possible.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.