View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 04:49 PM   #199
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
Tannehill and Henry take Tennessee to the AFCCG. Mariota and Henry don't even make the playoffs. Who in those scenarios is the same and who is different? Don't get me wrong, Henry is a beast and dominated in the playoffs but that example shows why RBs don't win MVPs anymore .
That's the question, and my answer is " I don't know." I haven't spent much time reviewing just who was on that team prior to Tannehill, either players or coaches so it's still up in the air, imo.

hell, I don't really care anyway. To me it's pretty simple: am I more scared of Henry or Tannehill? The answer is obviously Henry. Derrick Henry is exactly the kind of RB that the Chiefs aren't designed to stop efficiently. Not sure if any defense really is, but the Chiefs D isn't built to deal with 260-lb. fast RBs that are sneaky quick. Henry is an elite RB with homerun capability.

Tannehill is just an above average QB, a la Kirk Cousins or Jared Goff. Just not scary. And then take away Henry and make him pass more than run and he's really average-looking. Not a homerun hitter. More a contact hitter type. Heck, just re-watch the AFCCG 2nd half. Once we stuffed Henry and got a two score lead, Spags and the defense handled Tannehill pretty easily. He got 1 TD on a muffed coverage but other than that he was not a big deal.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.