Old 12-01-2020, 02:32 AM   #3551
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Chiefs sack total 2014: 46, Houston 22, Poe, 6, Hali 6, Bailey 5

Chiefs sacks total 2015: 47

Chiefs sack total 2018: 52, Jones 15.5, Dee Ford 13, Houston 9

No rings.

Yay, and there was much rejoicing. At least we got them sacks though, am I right?

Sacks are not a reliable indicator of how good a defense is. And as we've seen, especially in the playoffs.

But you keep thinking that sacks are the be-all end-all of playing DE. That's what good ole Bob Sutton thought as well. For all the good it did him or the Chiefs.

**** sacks. Pressure the QB and force the SOB to make mistakes, or get scared. Like Frank did last night, generating two INTs. Not his fault the offense didn't convert them into points. And Spags doesn't seem terribly worried about it either.

Who is the person that matters, not you or me. If Spags cared about Clark and Jones getting more sacks he'd send them upfield more often, and they'd never be in coverage. or playing the run. Spags wants to create pressure and confusion, period. Getting sacks just helps that along. But they aren't the end-game. They are just a tool in the toolbox. And unlike Sutton, Spags has lots of tools in his box, and he's not worried about stat totals.
I think the difference in those years were Patrick Mahomes vs. Alex Smith. But that's just me though. I guess in your mind Frank Clark was the difference between us winning the superbowl those years.
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.