View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 11:54 PM   #29466
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
They are both at fault. We have seen Hardman make several fingertip catches this year, and he had both hands on the ball. Should have been a catch.

Mahomes is standing flat footed when he releases the ball. His did step forward, but when he makes his throwing motion, both feet are firmly on the ground.

We have seen Mahomes throw picks when flat footed, including a pick 6 against the Rams. While he absolutely has the arm talent to make throws without proper mechanics, like the 40 yard TD pass in this very game, but he struggles with accuracy when he makes these type of throws.

I think Mahomes hurried the throw when he could have let Hardman keep running, and step into the throw with some air under it. He still would have had to hurry, but we all know he is capable of doing it.

Bad throw.

I know a lot of people, not just in Kansas City or just Chiefs fans, were pretty annoyed with Romo going out of his way to make excuses for Brady. So, if we believe Brady should be criticized when he plays poorly, we have to call out Mahomes when he misses plays like this (because he never plays poorly)

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
That right there. You watch the video, and Patrick looks over, sees Mecole ridiculously wide open, and that electric part of his brain pulls the trigger, and he just acts. He fires that ball out there without taking a quarter of a second to think about it first. I think what he did was purely instinctual. And I think he does stuff like that nearly every game. And most of the time it works out just fine, but this time it didn't and he misfired.

In other words, i don't believe he misread the rush; I think he knew damn well there was no rush. But when he looked over and saw that huge sea of green around Hardman all alone, his brain pressed the "FIRE" button and the missile was off the rail before he had time to think "he's wide open."

Would've been the cap to a truly epic performance, but it's okay. He'll get another chance like that some other day.

And two years from now when Patrick is truly in his prime, when he's not just doing Aaron Rodgers' things, but combining that with Peyton Manning things, when he sees that opportunity again the throw is going to be unspeakably perfect. Mecole's hands at full stride, angling away from the nearest defender. Hell, it might be so good that he'll throw it no-look.

But there will be a slight hesitation before he launches that one.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.