Thread: Chiefs Frank Clark ****ing sucks
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 11:47 PM   #3540
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Dude, you're either choosing to not acknowledge the point or you're actually not seeing it.

When you get a $100 million contract as a pass rusher, the expectation is that you disrupt some shit to benefit the defense. A coverage sack is cleaning up the brilliant work done by the secondary. Yes, the best pass rushers still get coverage sacks, and getting the coverage sack is better than just letting the QB sit back there for 20 seconds until something finally busts open. But if that's ALL you ever get as an edge rusher, you're not elite. You're not worth the $100 million contract. Hell, you're probably not worth half of that depending on the other parts of the position you either do well or don't do well.

Or, if I may put it differently... a guy who only gets coverage sacks is like an Alex Smith when it comes to rushing the passer. If you've got good "protection" and your secondary is giving you time then you can usually make the play. But if you can't from time to time beat your blocker and actually DISRUPT THE DAMN PLAY instead of waiting for it to just slowly collapse thanks to excellent coverage, then all you're doing is managing the pass rush... taking what you're given instead of being the catalyst for the rest of the defense to have success.

Frank Clark hasn't been a catalyst for this defense's success very often this year. If at all. If I'm being generous, he's been an Alex Smith as a pass rusher. If I'm being truthful, he just ****ing sucks.
Yeah people claiming he closed out the playoff games with a sack are really stretching to find some kind of contribution he's made. The game was over before he made those sacks.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.