View Single Post
Old 11-27-2020, 06:40 PM   #29398
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
I think everyone looked at Mahomes helmet too much as well as the conference. Remember lots of folks saying Graham Harrell looked great in that offense and the Big 12 had bust after bust after bust after bust bc there was no defense or a pro style offense.

There wasn’t really anyone to compare Patrick to except Brett Favre, who is the all-time leader in interceptions. They saw his style of play and thought it was way too risky. I mean how many QB’s were like Patrick but successful? We just got through the Favre and Johnny football era with both of those polarizing players making disastrous mistakes extending plays. Of course GM’s and scouts were risk averse...there was no successful prototype of Patrick like the classic pocket QB’s that were the best in history.

I don’t care about any of that though. I get that your job is on the line as a GM and you likely get 1 shot to draft a QB, but I still can’t believe teams weren’t all over Patrick after the LSU game. I’ve never seen a QB in that bad of a position perform so incredibly well. The Baker game was the attention getter, but that LSU game should have been eye-opener that made teams want this guy at any cost.
There was Aaron Rodgers. Where a lot of people blew it with Mahomes is they seriously underestimated his leadership ability, intelligence, and work ethic.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote